Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Week 6: Edible Art

Hello there and welcome to another Art what art? post, this week I will change things up a bit by posting some pictures I took rather than drew of some art that if I do say so myself are a really sweet medium. (pun intended) If you haven't already guessed the medium I refer to is the medium known as cake decorating. The first two pictures are of cakes I decorated for a cake decorating class I took at Washburn Tech probably 2 or 3 years ago.


 This one is a 2-layer round cake, That if my memory serves me correctly I made myself as with maybe the exception of the very first class session, we had to provide our own cakes for decorating. the only real thing I can tell you is the frosting I used on all these cakes is butter-cream or a slight variation of that.


This one was the final cake we had to do for the class, and the caption if you can't quite make it out says: " I tawt I taw a Puddy Tat!!" and I do not intend to make anyone feel stupid but in the slight chance anyone doesn't know who this is it is the famous or infamous (depending on who you ask) Tweety Bird from the Looney Tunes gang.

That's it for this week bloggers,
or in the immortal words of Porky Pig: "Thebudeeh thebudeeh That's all Folks!!!"
Keep it Artsy

3 comments:

  1. The cakes look delicious! Maybe you could post some directions on how to bake them? I would love to take a shot at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me hungry! I know what you mean about having a boring page. After looking at yours, I can see that I am lacking completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me hungry! I know what you mean about having a boring page. After looking at yours, I can see that I am lacking completely.

    ReplyDelete