Sunday, March 27, 2016

Fan Art post #2

Hey there Bloggers...
Last time I promised you some artwork that could put you in a fowl temper...If you haven't already guessed the reason is because the art is of probably one of my top all-time fan-addictions...Angry Birds.
Now, I have made a number of sketches but a lot of them were sketches made using official how to draw the characters books. To save time and space...I am only going to show pictures that I have drawn that are of my own creation for my own ideas and purposes so let's get the show on the road. I am going to start with the most recent and work my way backwards: This first set of pictures is a brand-new piece of art, drawn on sketchbook paper using a combination of pencil, colored pencil, a crayon-like substance, and black sharpie for the outlines.
In these two pictures I imagined Stella and Red having a fight that ended with Red saying something that he quickly regretted but by then it was too late. These pictures going in order of the labels show Stella's reaction to Red's hurtful words.
This next drawing is something I did last year while taking a Drawing 1 class.It uses a combination of sketching pencil, colored pencil, and some charcoal for the tail on sketchbook paper.
Stella the Valkyrie: This idea came to me while playing the game
Angry Birds Epic (c) Rovio, If you are unfamiliar with it, the game is a turn-based combat
 with different classes for each of the Angry Birds Characters (excluding Stella), each with unique powers. In combat, you take a group of 2-4 birds (depending on the battle) and fight through waves (between 1 and 10) of pig-based enemies.   
 These next two pieces I did around the same time as the one above, with the major difference being these were created using the Microsoft window's paint program.
Stella the Valkyrie

                        
                                                One of the Blue Brothers (Jim, Jake, or Jay)

This one is a drawing based upon a cross over of Angry Birds Epic and Angry Birds Stella (now discontinued) which was similar to the regular Angry Birds game except for the majority of the playable characters were female (only one boy) but despite this was a very fun and challenging game, and I was sad when I asked Rovio about some news I heard about the game being scrapped in favor of another game, and was told it was true...Anyways, this drawing shows my idea of what a Stella-based Angry Birds Epic might have for it's title screen. I am also including a picture of the regular A.B. Epic title screen for reference and comparison.










And Finally, this is one that I pulled together just today, it shows two characters from the cartoon Angry Birds Stella (left to right) Artist Pig and Willow enjoying each other's company while painting a sunset picture from one of the cliffs on their home called Golden Island. I will tell you now that this isn't the last you've seen of Angry Birds art on this blog so if by chance you are allergic to Angry Birds or something like that then consider yourself duly warned.



That's all for this week, so until next time...Keep it artsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment