Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 8- Tracing is an art form

Hey Ho Bloggers
This week I am posting 3 drawings I did several years ago during a Looney Tunes obsession I was going through at the time.
To be more specific my obsession was over the worlds (as far as I'm concerned) favorite lagomorph
Miss Lola Bunny who made her debut as a no-nonsense girl in the 1997 movie Space Jam.
I will just say now basically a disclaimer that the following drawings are not original works, but are mostly based off of tracings I did using a tablet as essentially a light-box and then just edited them to fit what I saw in my head at the time. And I will also extend a note that being I am no expert when it comes to female fashion, got some assistance picking colors from a class mate at the time who was happy to render her services.



This first drawing was done in colored pencil on plain-old printer paper
  



Drawing No.2 was done using charcoal on my favorite doodling platform (*drumroll*) printer paper


And this last one was done using colored pencil and maybe a touch of charcoal on printer paper






If you are interested in drawing of course there are numerous sites on the World Wide Web, but I will make it easier by posting a YouTube video on drawing Lola by hand, the majority of videos I found (which was surprisingly few in my opinion) were either about drawing/coloring on a computer-drawing platform like Adobe Photoshop or if they were about hand drawing were very poorly executed in regards to the video-recording in that it was shaky, blurry, or jumping all over except for where we wanted it.
And as always feel free to leave critiques I am no snob when it comes to my artwork and will not take offense to constructive criticism, if it is non-constructive I will most likely just ignore it or delete it.
So until next time.....
Keep it Artsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment